Click the link here to get a Free pattern
This is a simple crochet pattern for making warm slipper socks. Even if you’re new to crocheting, you can make these cozy socks. You’ll need a 6.5mm crochet hook and some basic crochet stitches like single crochet, half double crochet, and double crochet.
To make these slipper socks, you’ll create a rectangular piece using a special stitch that stretches. You’ll adjust the size by working more or fewer rows. The pattern is designed to fit most adult women’s shoe sizes.
You’ll need about 150 yards of bulky yarn and a crochet hook. The pattern is quite adjustable, so you can change the length and size to fit your needs. The key crochet stitches you’ll use are single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc), and chain (ch).
Here are the basic steps:
- Start with a chain of 48 stitches.
- Work rows using single crochet and half double crochet stitches to create the sock’s shape.
- Continue alternating between two types of rows (toe end and ankle end) until your piece measures 17 inches long (about 15 rows).
- Seam the sock using slip stitches to make it into a tube shape.
- Turn the sock inside out, and you’re done!
This pattern is great for beginners and makes lovely gifts or cozy socks for yourself. You can adjust the size and length to fit different people. If you need extra help, there’s a video tutorial available. Have fun making these slipper socks!