Click the link here to get a Free pattern
The crochet jar cosy pattern helps you turn old jars into beautiful holders for things like candles, flowers, or even pencils. You can use different types of yarn and hooks to create different looks. The pattern uses simple crochet stitches like slip stitch, chain, half treble, and treble crochet.
Here’s a summary of the steps:
- Choose your yarn and hook size based on what you like and what’s recommended on the yarn label.
- Start by making a foundation row with chains that fit around your jar’s size.
- Crochet rounds to cover the jar, using chains, treble crochets, and slip stitches.
- Check the fit of the crochet cover around the jar every few rows.
- Decrease the stitches near the top of the jar for a snug fit.
- Finish off by sewing the end with a needle for a neat look.
Remember, the pattern suggests ways to make adjustments if your crochet doesn’t fit perfectly. It’s also suggested to check periodically while crocheting to ensure it fits well. The pattern includes helpful pictures and welcomes your suggestions and comments.