Crocheting is a beloved pastime that can lead to the creation of beautiful and unique garments. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to make a stylish ribbed collar top that you can wear all year long. This top is perfect for layering in the cooler months or wearing on its own during the warmer months. Let’s get started!
Materials and Tools
Before you begin, make sure you have the following materials and tools:
- Milk Cotton yarn, size 4 ply, 250g
- 4.5 mm & 3.5 mm hook
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle
- Measuring tape
- Ch = Chain
- SC = Single Crochet
- Sl St = Slip Stitch
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- Inc = Increase
- Dec = Decrease
- TOG = Together
- St/Sts = Stitch/Stitches
Crochet Ribbed Collar Top Tutorial
Follow these steps to create your crochet ribbed collar top:
- Begin by making a foundation chain of 80 stitches. Join with a slip stitch to form a circle, being careful not to twist the chain.
- Round 1: Ch 1, hdc in each st around. Join with a slip stitch to first hdc. (80 hdc)
- Round 2: Ch 1, *fpdc in next st, bpdc in next st; rep from * around. Join with a slip stitch to first fpdc.
- Repeat Round 2 until your work measures 5 inches from the beginning.
- Round 3: Ch 1, hdc in each st around. Join with a slip stitch to first hdc.
- Repeat Round 3 until your work measures 15 inches from the beginning.
- Round 4: Ch 1, *fpdc in next st, bpdc in next st; rep from * around. Join with a slip stitch to first fpdc.
- Repeat Round 4 until your work measures 20 inches from the beginning.
- Round 5: Ch 1, hdc in each st around. Join with a slip stitch to first hdc.
- Repeat Round 5 until your work measures 23 inches from the beginning.
- Fasten off and weave in ends using a yarn needle.
For a more detailed tutorial, check out this video.
Crochet Ribbed Collar Top Video Tutorial
Congratulations! You have completed your crochet ribbed collar top.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best type of yarn to use for a crochet ribbed collar top?
The best type of yarn to use is medium weight yarn, such as worsted weight yarn. Choose a yarn that you like the feel and color of.
2. How can I adjust the size of the top to fit me better?
To adjust the size, you can add or subtract stitches in the foundation chain or increase or decrease the number of rounds worked. You can also adjust the length of the top to fit your body.
3. Do I need to have advanced crochet skills to complete this project?
This project is suitable for intermediate crocheters. You should be comfortable with basic stitches, such as single crochet and double crochet, and have experience working in the round.
4. Can I make this top in a different color or with different yarn?
Yes, you can definitely make this top in a different color or with different yarn. The color and type of yarn you use will affect the look and feel of the finished top, so choose a color and yarn that you like.
5. How long does it typically take to complete this project?
The time it takes to complete this project will vary depending on your skill level and how quickly you crochet. On average, it can take anywhere from 10 to 20 hours to complete this project.
6. Can I wear this top year-round, or is it better suited for certain seasons?
This top can be worn year-round. In the cooler months, you can layer it with a long-sleeved shirt or sweater, while in the warmer months, you can wear it on its own.
7. Can I sell crochet ribbed collar tops that I make using this tutorial?
Yes, you can sell crochet ribbed collar tops that you make using this tutorial. However, please give credit to the original tutorial and do not claim the design as your own.
By following this tutorial, you have learned how to make a stylish and versatile crochet ribbed collar top. With a little time and effort, you can create a beautiful garment that you can wear with pride. Don’t be afraid to customize the top to fit your personal style and preferences. Happy crocheting!
Did you find this post useful? Save this pin below to you Crochet board on Pinterest!