Click the link here to get a Free pattern
The video is a tutorial on how to create a crochet pattern called the “Boxed Block Stitch.” To make this pattern, you’ll need yarn and a crochet hook. The pattern starts with a chain of stitches in multiples of three, plus one extra stitch. For the demonstration, they use a chain of 16 stitches.
The steps for the Boxed Block Stitch are as follows:
- Single crochet into the second chain from the hook.
- Single crochet into the next chain.
- Chain two and skip two stitches, then single crochet into the following chain.
- Repeat the previous step (chain two, skip two stitches, single crochet) to create chain two spaces.
- At the end of the row, single crochet into the last chain.
- For the next row, chain one, turn the work, and double crochet into the first stitch.
- Make three double crochets into each chain two space across the row.
- Skip the next single crochet and double crochet into the last stitch.
- Repeat these steps, alternating between single crochet rows and double crochet rows, to create the Boxed Block Stitch pattern.
The tutorial also mentions that changing colors in the single crochet rows can create a cool effect, but it might result in more ends to weave in. The tutorial encourages experimentation with different colors and provides guidance on creating this crochet pattern.